The Digital Team at Verizon is looking for a highly technical, NoSQL Developer with Java skills to help us develop our next generation of digital experience. The incumbent is a strong developer who is agile enough to take on any project, regardless of platform or framework. The developer has strong penchant to learn new technology and is abreast of the latest trends in the market. The developer will closely collaborate with cross-functional teams to build the next generation of our digital experience. We are looking for a highly technical, hands-on coder who thrives in a fast paced environment. The engineer not only understands coding and hacking but also has a strong sense of architecture, deployment and operational skill.
- Rapidly iterate on product and platform features by quickly understanding requirements and producing good quality code.
- Identify technology trends and platforms (including web and mobile apps) and collaborate with other team members to make recommendations based on the company’s needs.
- Be involved in all stages of development, from product ideation through architecture and execution.
- Help evolve the software development methodology based on agile and lean thinking, including impacting the development of coding conventions, documentation standards, testing procedures and quality assurance.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
- Ensure technical issues are quickly resolved and implement strategies and solutions to help reduce the likelihood of reoccurrence.
- Identify competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and provide an assessment of obstacles and technical hurdles to the success of the project.
- Interface with Architects to understand the design skeleton.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience with NoSQL such as Cassandra, Redis or Elastic search.
- Experience in multithreading and data structures.
- Experience with JSON, XML and Oracle DB.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Experience with RESTful Service APIs.
- Experience with SQL.
- Experience in scripting Scala / Java based code as needed for reporting needs in Kibana / Hygeia.
- Knowledge of Cloud system architecture and design.
- Micro services and relevant concepts.
- Familiarity working with projects tracking systems, such as Jira or YouTrack, a GIT repository and continuous integration environments.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Exceptionally self-motivated, solid interpersonal skills and a good communicator.
- Extremely detailed oriented, committed to excellence and takes pride in the code you write.
- Excellent problem solving skills, willingness to take ownership and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and work in a fast-paced, dynamic team environment within a start-up culture.
- Rigor and a disciplined approach in A/B testing, test coverage, quality assurance and other software development best practices.
- Familiarity with technical requirements of Internet marketing and search engine optimization, information security vulnerabilities and risk management.