The Java Software Engineer will:
- Design, develop, enhance, debug and implement software as part of several key initiatives in support of the FBI.
- Address problems related to systems integration and compatibility with multiple platforms, providing technical leadership and supervision of others during the project.
- Design and develop Java software applications.
- Be able to work independently on tasks and initiatives if requested.
- Work on complex tasks requiring extensive problem solving abilities.
- Be able to work in a fast-paced agile environment.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of ORM tools and persistence of large transactional data.
- Possess the ability to understand a large monolithic program, and assist with it continuous evolution to a microservices design pattern.
- Possess full understanding of how to deploy products into a production environment in support of DevOps culture.
- Have an understanding of multilevel network environments and activities required to pass data between them.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years of full life cycle and Agile software development.
- Working knowledge of jQuery, Hibernate, Eclipse
- Experience in an Agile Development Environment.
- Ability to communicate business needs to technical teams.
- Previous experience leading Agile Development teams of various skillsets and backgrounds to include, developers, DBA's, Business Analysts, etc. to ensure team success.
- Have successfully lead a team of 5 to 7 members from story creation to deployment
- Have an understanding of Cloud computing environments and the complexities involved with developing systems that operate in them.