Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 175 days ago
Desired Qualifications: BS +4 years related work experience.
We currently have an opening for a Java Developer who will support the design, development and maintenance of Navy training systems. Essential skills for this position include full lifecycle application development experience using web-based Java EE technologies (JSF, JPA and EJBs) using both traditional waterfall and Agile development methodologies. The ideal candidate will possess familiarity with relational databases such as Oracle to include familiarity with PL/SQL. In addition, the candidate will also be familiar with developing web services using SOAP/WSDL and/or RESTful implementations.
Daily responsibilities include:
• Developing application software by coding in Java
• Performing unit and functional testing
• Designing and implementing data model objects
• Analyzing root causes for abnormal system operation
• Participating in Scrum ceremonies and collaborating with team members to best fulfill client requirements.
• Application design and development experience using JEE (JSF, JPA and EJBs) with exposure to Web Services and Service Oriented Architectures.
• Experience with relational databases, preferably Oracle, and familiarity with database functions, procedures and PL/SQL.
• Demonstrated ability as a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills who works well on teams as well as independently. Strong problem solving, analytical thinking, and analysis skills.
• Experience with ORM tools (Hibernate/Toplink) and/or presentation layer libraries (RichFaces/PrimeFaces/Bootstrap)
• Exposure to and knowledge of DevOps concepts including cloud (AWS, Azure), automated testing, builds and deployments.
• Experience using Java to develop SOAP-based and/or RESTful web services
Clearance Requirement: Secret
Baseline Certs: CSWF IAT Level II (CCNA Security or CSA+ or GICSP or GSEC or Security+ce or SSCP)