Interested in joining one of the largest state-of-the art centralized application development operations in the Des Moines area? We are looking for strong entry-level developers seeking to learn, grow, and excel in a fast-paced collaborative Agile/Scrum environment. People that have some experience with Object-oriented Programming and an Agile mindset are highly desired. We are looking for people that like to solve problems and work in a team environment. We want people that are flexible and willing to learn. Additional skills that help make candidates successful are listed below:
1. With moderate guidance, develops cost-effective information technology solutions by creating new or modifying existing software applications.
2. Analyzes and validates system requirements and existing business processes and information systems. Assists in the development and implementation of new programs and/or modifications of existing applications.
3. Codes, tests, debugs, documents and implements software applications according to standards.
4. Develops specifications and programs technical modules, applications and computer programs.
5. Participates in most aspects of applications programming and development including file design, update, storage and retrieval.
6. Evaluates and provides technical solutions to application development problems.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, mathematics or related field is preferred.
Experience: No experience is required if completed undergraduate studies in computer science, management information systems, or related degree.
Knowledge: Must have knowledge in computer programming language. Must have an understanding in systems and data processing policies, practices and procedures. Must have general knowledge of the systems development life cycle.
Skills/Competencies: Must have the ability to analyze applications and systems. Must be able to program systems requiring interfaces. Must possess problem-solving skills to determine the programming effects on existing systems. Must have decision-making skills for problem identification and solution recommendation.
Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and Guiding Behaviors.
Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the:
Director and HR Officer
Overtime Eligibility: Not Eligible (exempt)
Working Conditions: Norma
Valid Through: 2019-11-12