5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title: Java Developer
Position Number: 270412
Location: Irving, TX
Desired Skill Set:
AWS, Big Data, Data Modeling, Java, JIRA, Scala
“Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.”
Position Title: Java Developer - III
Location: Irving, Texas, 75038
Start Date: 11/26/2017
End Date: 11/24/2018
Scala Developer for Big Data stack.
• Describe in detail the tasks that the worker will be performing on a daily basis. Elaborate on the project/s they will work on and overall functions of this group. Best to put in paragraph form as a brief synopsis of the fundamental expectations of the proper candidate.
• Working in developing a highly scalable systems using Spark streams and Akka Streams. Choice of language will be Scala or Java based on use case. The system will be deployed and maintained using Docker Images across an AWS cluster. The person will be responsible for developing functional flows for handling thousands of transaction per second in real time and working with machine learning models to give real time results. The person will also be responsible for successful deployment of the developed solution. The person must be aware of test driven development to work as a core member of the small Agile team.
MUST HAVE SKILLS:
• Best to use bullet points. List each skill (development languages, acronyms, quick-hit descriptions of functions expected of the worker, etc ..) and years of experience or range for each outlined required skill.
• This section is the most paramount. A qualified candidate must possess each skill (or vast majority in so
• me cases) to be considered.
• 3-4 years experience with SCALA
• 4-5 years of JAVA experience
• Functional programing paradigm
• Experience with Machine learning libraries, some Data Modeling experience
• Experience with Spark streams a plus
• Knowledge of Kafka
• Experience with Docker images
• Best to use bullet points and same basic format as the previous section
• This section would describe the “perfect candidate”. These skills are not required to perform the role, but would be helpful and in some cases could supersede a missing “must have” skill
• Highly scalable system architectures
• Some experience with Fortify.
• CI/CD process in particular - GIT (Bitbucket), Jenkins, Jira, Confluence
• Knowledge of Kubernetes
• Knowledge of NoSQL Databases ( Cassandra, Elastic, ReDIS …)
• Knowledge of Akka or any other microservices platform
• Knowledge of secure coding with OWASP coding practices
• Knowledge of Hortonworks toolset (Zookeeper, HDFS, etc)
• Please note whether education and/or certifications are required or desired
• Hortonworks HDPC JAVA Certifications
• AWS Developer certification
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.