Writes code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the digital solutions, products and programs, typically for small to medium, semi-complex sites. Implements activities that influence mid-level components of the functional area. Work is received in short-term assignments that require application of independent judgment. Operates within the context of defined procedures.
- Performs and implements daily operational activities that generally influence mid-level components / processes of the on-line technology function, including but not limited to writing code and scripts that provide desired functionality to the web-based software sites, products and programs.
- Maintains and support existing and develops web-based prototypes, applications and tools.
- Participates in the evaluation of compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software features. May contribute to software design.
- May contribute to developing software protocols to support established standards.
- Effectively resolves semi-complex problems and roadblocks as they occur and basic problems before they occur.
- Gathers and updates necessary information and communicates to appropriate parties.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and/or managers to exchange semi-complex information related to assigned activities.
- Coordinates cross-functionally to accomplish assigned tasks.
- May assist in live site support and incident resolution that may include on-call rotation.
Walgreens, one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc., the first global pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing enterprise. More than 10 million customers interact with Walgreens each day in communities across America, using the most convenient, multichannel access to consumer goods and services and trusted, cost-effective pharmacy, health and wellness services and advice. Walgreens operates 8,175 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. Walgreens omnichannel business includes Walgreens.com. Approximately 400 Walgreens stores offer Healthcare Clinic or other provider retail clinic services.
As the neighborhood drugstore and retailer, our goal is to make health and happiness simpler, easier and within reach. And we remain a trusted wellness provider offering convenient access to important health services, such as immunizations and an array of pharmacy services that can help patients improve their health. To our team members, Walgreens represents a unique opportunity to excel in their careers in a welcoming and inclusive environment. We offer the chance to work in a truly supportive environment, and be a part of a progressive organization dedicated to the well-being of our customers, team members and the communities we all call home.
- Bachelor's Degree and at least 4 years of experience in software development / coding (to include academic experience and/or internships) OR High School Diploma / GED and at least 5 years of experience in software development / coding.
- Experience establishing and maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, in the business community and with vendors.
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Mathematics.
- Experience working with on-line systems.
- Experience writing professional, quality, secure, performance capable code.
- Experience with rapid software development practices.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with coding languages, such as C#, Java, .net, MVC, etc.
- Knowledge of web designtechnologies, such as HTML, XML, Perl and Java.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals (object-oriented design, data structures and algorithm design).
- Knowledge of ATG, PLSQL.
- Knowledge of eCommerce web application design, security and how internet works.
- Experience with ORACLE RDBMS and/or SQL Server development.
- Experience developing websites with ATG platform.
- Experience developing web portals.