B&A is currently seeking a Java Developer II to join our team on a Federal project in the Northern Virginia Area.
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs, and implements software. Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- As part of an agile team, researches, tests, builds, and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- As part of an agile team, designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Providing software development services and experience to implement new initiatives
- Providing implementation and technical support services.
- Providing technical support to respond to technical issues, research and resolve problems and other non-programming technical services.
- Estimating the Level of Effort (LOE) and difficulty of programming assignments.
- 5+ years of Java development experience
- Experience developing against relational databases and solid SQL querying skills
- 1+ years experience with a Java framework like Spring
- 1+ years experience with web services development
- 1+ years experience writing automated unit tests
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Team player and ability to mentor developers with lesser experience
- Bachelor’s degree required (any area)
- Ability to work from home, the Alexandria office and the Ashburn office
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, Jenkins, Git, Bamboo, SonarQube, AWS knowledge