Java development for an enterprise big data and analytics platform that utilizes emerging technology to ingest data in real-time at extreme volumes and high velocity; Full development life cycle and production support/application maintenance in Agile/rapid development environment.
What you'll do
- Develop Java based frameworks for complex data processing.
- Develop understanding of client business processes, objectives, and solution requirements. Participate in project work groups with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand data specific needs.
- Develop understanding of application processes, coding standards, and performance standards. Learn existing and new processes and technologies.
- Work with team lead / solution architect on solution design. Analyze and convert business requirements to technical requirements. Design logical and physical ERD diagrams, process flow diagrams, and related data processing design documentation.
- Code per development, performance, and secure coding standards; resolve defects identified in testing and code reviews.
- Execute performance test and tuning activities.
- Support production deployment and production support.
- Work on sprint team in agile, rapid development and deployment environment.
- Support production application - investigate and resolve production inquiries and issues. Requires flexible schedule.
- Communicate status to team lead / project oversight.
What you'll need
3 years of experience with:
- Java based software development - J2EE, Spring Transactional and BI reporting systems (e.g. OLAP and data warehouse) - design, development, tuning, and production support
- Database design and modeling - logical and physical
- ETL development Performance tuning - table partitioning and indexing, process threading
- Database storage sizing and maintenance
- Agile development methodology
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Communications skills (both verbal & written)
- Postal or mailing industry experience
- Traditional and NoSQL database platforms - Oracle, Cassandra, Hadoop
- Various frontend platforms - Qlik, D3/Angular.js
- Production support experience