Client is looking for a New York based Performance Engineer contractor to start immediately. This is a highly-technical position focusing on backend/server-side performance – not Web/UI. The candidate must have previously been in a “Performance Engineer” dedicated role and come from a software development background (not QA).
- 5+ years as a Software Developer using Java
- 3+ years performance testing of Java-based REST APIs
- Mastery of Apache JMeter
- 2+ years MongoDB experience
- Ability to monitor JVMs, analyze heap dumps, analyze queries, analyze logs and memory profiling.
- Ability to collect result data, analyze and pinpoint bottlenecks and guide developers and other in fixing performance issues.
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or any related engineering discipline. (Prefer N.A. & Europe graduates)