Liquidnet is seeking an outstanding person to join an agile, high performance technology team as a Java Developer. This experienced individual has a proven track record of developing quality software in a world class financial services organization within a latency-sensitive electronic trading environment. This person will design and develop software spanning multiple equitytrading systems. These trading system platforms are a key area of investment and of strategic importance to Liquidnet as we expand globally and with new offerings.
The person in this role will be a part of the Global TradingTechnology development team. He or she will work closely with the team to deliver high-availability, low-latency technology supporting client-facing trading algorithms, smart order routing tactics and other electronic workflows and services. This person is responsible for developing and supporting the products and services, reporting to the technical lead, and providing third-tier production support. Overall, this person will contribute as part of a team that is responsible for the delivery of high-quality software that directly drives business growth.
- Develop high-quality software components of the global trading platform
- Contribute to all areas of the software development lifecycle including planning, design, development, testing, implementation, optimization and maintenance.
- Contribute to all areas of team performance including daily scrums and after-action reviews
- Contribute to continuous improvement of processes, product development, product quality and technology
- Contribute to the overall progress of the team and the firm; ensure timely delivery of quality software
- Serve as third-tier support for production issues and related support needs.
Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in development of equity products in a global financial services company or vendor using the Java language in latency-sensitive environments
- Experience and knowledge of equity products and instruments including FIX protocol and market data content
- Proficiency with computer technologies including Linux, SQL, messaging, OO Design
- Strong multithreaded and network programming experience
- Ability to work as part of a team, communicate effectively at all organizational levels with written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of equity market structure, order handling and electronic trading
- Strategic thinking, analytical, problem solving and troubleshooting skills