- Should have excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Messaging APIs and servers - ActiveMQ, JMS
- Knowledge and experience of Java 8
- Experience in Java microservices/rest services with Spring boot framework
- Experience in Oracle / DB2 / SQL Server and stored procedures
- Experience in ORM specifications - Spring Data, JPA, Hibernate
- Experience in secure web services
- Experience with Agile development and version control tools like SVN for deployments
- Apply industry best practices and techniques to design, develop, test, deploy, support and maintain Java applications based on business requirements using approved technologies and coding standards.
- Assist with bug fixes, testing, documenting and implementing software systems
- Perform software testing and quality assurance inclusive of JUnit.
- Experience with Tomcat and Websphere
- Operational Support of key applications inclusive of on call off hour support
- Self-motivated: able to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong analysis, problem solving, trouble shooting and debugging skills
- Able to work independently
Candidates should be flexible / willing to work across the delivery landscape which includes and not limited to Agile Applications Development, Support and Deployment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering, or bachelor’s degree with relevant programming experience
- 1-3 years hands-on Java development experience