You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Java Developer. Scroll down to learn more about the position’sresponsibilitiesand requirements.
- Devise/modify procedures to solve problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and desired results;
- Design, code, test, debug, and document those programs;
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written, designed, coded, tested and debugged;
- Consult with users, develop business relationships, and integrate activities with other IT departments to ensure successful implementation;
- Monitor and report to management on the status of project efforts, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions;
- Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and IT colleagues to meet expected customer service levels. Desired Skills and ExperienceEducation.
- Strong Java development skills;
- 4-7 years of experience in software design, development, and testing;
- Strong knowledge of Spring framework;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently under general direction;
- Dedication to keeping abreast of emerging technology trends;
- Strong relational databaseexperience using Oracle9i/10g/11g. SQL Server, DB2, MySQL, or PostgreSQL may be substituted for Oracle;
- Web Application development using one of the following frameworks: Seam, Struts, Spring, JSF, or Grails;
- Experience using one of the following: JBoss, GlassFish, WebLogic, WebSphere;
- Experience working in and deploying to a UNIX based environment;
- Experience designing application systems;
- Web Services development familiarity using either SOAP, WSDL, or REST;
- Bachelor’s degree.