If you want to be part of our dynamic, multi-cultural institution with over 2400 employees of 75 nationalities, in 26 offices worldwide, then explore the vast opportunities, rewards and internationally competitive packages that we are waiting for you here at SWIFT.
This position is open under theTechnology & Innovation Roadmap Team, which is a part of the Strategic Architecture department. The charter of the team is to foster technology adoption and enable innovation.
The team responsibilities include Technology governance for vendor/technologies used across SWIFT, Vendor management for key software and hardware vendors and fostering Innovation and rapid prototyping.
The team is responsible for Technology and Innovation, this includes researching the technologylandscape, investigating and evaluating various technology products and solutions. Building prototypes and showcasing their capabilities .
The team is located in US and is looking for a API Developer to engage in API related prototyping and developing various solutions to extend our API portfolio. As a Developer, you will be part of a dynamic team environment where your professional skills in API development will be crucial to the delivery API based solutions as part of the mission critical financial software to the global financial industry. Under the guidance of a team lead you will undertake prototyping and development activities of medium to high complexity related to API based software components for the associated Portfolio products, either new modules or extending existing ones.
Given the mission critical nature of our business, strong emphasis is placed on security, availability, resiliency, scalability, performance, and system resources consumption. It is expected that suitable candidates adhere to a structured development environment and will actively contribute to delivering software to the quality expectations of our customers.
Top Responsibilites include:
- Explore and evaluate various API technology products and build prototypes to show case capabilities
- Design, develop, APIs and integrate third party components, test, install and support programs/systems
- Analyze detailed system factors: input/output requirements, information flow, hardware/software requirements, etc.
- Evaluate and recommend technical feasibility and estimates of the proposed solutions
Additional Resonsibilites include:
- Participate in the definition and implementation of API software components in collaboration with internal and external software providers
- Provide technical assistance to colleagues and assist in resolving problems reported by other team members
- Develop and maintain technical documentation and prepare and give presentations to customers on systems. Where appropriate, write system documentation and operating procedures
The duties and responsibilities are indicative and are not meant to be exhaustive, depending on the context ,additional duties may be required and are subject to change from time to time.
- University degree in Computer Science discipline
- 6+ years experienceworking with and building RESTful APIs
- Ability to program in one ore more of programming languages, paradigms such as java, python, go, scala.
- Relevant exposure to the development of highly scalable, resilient and secure software.
- Basic understanding of modern web components (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Understanding of OOP and Data Structures and know when to apply them in daily coding scenarios
- Operate in Agile / Scrum development environments
- Complete work following engineering standards and best practices
- Develop clean, elegant, well-commented, and reusable code which is easy to maintain and extend
- Write unit-tested and maintainable code
- Provide innovative, creative solutions to tasks/problems
- Self-organize with minimal guidance/competing priorities and work effectively within a team
Other Soft skills: Adaptability and responsiveness to change, Take accountability for delivering results, Strong communication skills (both written and oral), Planning and organizing, Quality orientation, Team orientation, and Open communication
Good to know:
- Knowledge of cloud deployment strategies using AWS, Azure, Oracle cloud
- Experience configuring container like systems (Vagrant, Docker, etc)
- Understanding of caching strategies and implementation (Redis, Memcache, etc)
- Working knowledge of source control systems such as (Git, SVN, etc)
- Working knowledge of serving high scale HTTP(S) protocol (Nginx, Apache, etc)
- Experience writing APIs for multiple platforms (Web, Mobile App, etc)
- Understanding of Big Data platforms and ETL in the context of Big Data
- Expertise working with Hadoop/Distributed platforms
- NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Redis, MongoDB, etc)
- Experience with modern front end frameworks and tools (webpack, yarn, gulp, grunt, angular, react, sass)
- Experience with high throughput infrastructures
- Expertise with Linux and deployment schemes using a configuration management tool such as Ansible / Puppet / Chef / Salt
- Familiarity with Websocket connections.
Job ID 2018-4532