Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Engility is seeking a Java software developer to support our contract with the FBI. This position will be assisting the maintenance and expansion of one of their leading intelligence-gathering applications. The software is production-deployed and new requirements for expansion are deployed approximately 4 times a year. This position would be doing mostly Back-End Java Development work to support the development and O&M of the customer-facing application, with a focus on the back-end component(s). If selected, you will be processed to complete a CI (counterintelligence) polygraph, which is being sought after by Intelligence agencies.
Duties to include, but not limited to:
- Implement enhancements to existing system in addition to coordinating with otherdevelopers working in parallel
- Provide software engineering (higher-level architectural) system design decisions
- TS clearance required to start, will process for specific FBI poly
- 7+ years software development experience
- 2+ years recent hands on codeimng Java (J2EE Development) experience
- Java/JEE server-side development, software engineering and problem solving experience
- Experience with Oracle database design and development
- Experience with Hibernate, AJAX and XML
- Experience working in a large, enterprise environment
- TS/SCI with CI Poly