We're looking for someone with significant Java experience and still loves the language. Yeah, we know there are some clunky things in Java, but we also understand the long term benefits and advantages. We want someone who understands those tradeoffs too. Both of the co-founders are Java developers so you'll be working independently, but in good company.
- A ton of Java experience. Bonus: Experience with the Play! framework.
- Has deep suspicions about most of the Java frameworks out there, and XML in general.
- Located in or near New York and willing to become a full time employee.
- Cares about design.
- Be a considerate person who still voices their opinion. No tortured geniuses please.
- Comfortable being an early employee with a wide range of responsibilities and impact on the product.
- Big Bonus: Frontend development experience.
- Great health care (we grew up in Canada).
- Understanding of work/life balance.
- Early stage equity in a company disrupting a huge market and doing social good.
- Completely top of the line Spotify account.
- A firm handshake and gold watch on your 10th anniversary.