5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Title: Java Developer
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Contract - 12 Months
Partner’s Consulting recruits for positions that allow our consultants to make a positive impact and opportunity for growth at exciting, high-level organizations. Our consultants enjoy flexibility, competitive pay, and the ability to be part of an awesome, award-winning company with a progressive work culture.
Our client is seeking a talented and motivated Java Developer to join an Agile Development team. You will focus on developing and delivering new services or features to support our client’s deployed base of set-top boxes. This is a DevOps role and the client has a strong focus on automated testing in order to deliver extremely high quality services. You will collaborate with other team members and interact with cross-functional teams; therefore the ability to work both individually and with others is essential. Contribution to the functional specifications, design, and documentation of our client’s complete product line is essential.
- Participates in complete software development life cycle from functional specification to production system support.
- Designs and develops applications planning for reliability, security, manageability, scalability, extensibility, performance and re-use.
- Performs maintenance of existing software components including troubleshooting production issues.
- Participates in team planning and retrospective meetings.
- Performs peer design and code reviews.
- Interacts with other cross-functioning teams within the company.
- Quickly learns new technologies and evaluates their architectural applicability.
- Bachelor of Science or higher degree in Computer Science is desired.
- 4+ years software engineering development experience programming in Java.
- Object-oriented design experience including familiarity with design patterns.
- Significant experience with Spring framework.
- Experience with one or more unit test frameworks such as TestNG or Junit.
- Experience with mocking frameworks such as EasyMock or Mockito.
- Experience with JSON and REST-based web services.
- Experience with Git/ GitHub and Maven.
- Significant experience working in UNIX environments.
- Experience delivering large-scale, high-traffic software systems.
- Experience with at least one enterprise application server environment (e.g., JBoss, Tomcat, Jetty).
- Outstanding organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience with configuration management, such as Puppet.
- Experience with big data systems and Cloud storage.
- Experience with build tools such as Jenkins or TeamCity.
- Databaseexperience, including basic understanding of NoSQL and/or relational databases.
Partner's Consulting is a reputable, Nationally Certified Women Owned Business Enterprise Information Technology Consulting and Recruiting firm based in the Philadelphia area. We have built personal relationships with our clients over the years, and work directly with hiring managers on all our open positions. Our core values are focused on the highest level of professional dedication to our client's requirements coupled with our desire to partner for joint success.