Less than 5 years experience • Financial Services
Job Title: Java Developer
Job Location: Columbus, OH
Work Authorization: Citizen or Green Card only, No C2C
• Design, implement, test and maintain major server-side components and web applications.
• Implement back-end components of an n-tier application, including data model, data access objects, and application logic.
• Participate in project planning sessions with business analysts and team members to analyze business requirements and outline the proposed IT solution
• Participate in design reviews and provide input to the design recommendations; incorporate security requirements into design; and provide input to information/data flow, and understand and comply with architectural standards in all phases.
• Document the detailed application specifications, translate technical requirements into programmed application modules and develop/enhance software application modules
• Participate in code reviews and ensure that all solutions are aligned to pre-defined architectural specifications; identify/troubleshoot application code-related issues
• Research and prototype new technologies as appropriate.
• Ensure quality and completeness of the product through unit testing, documentation and maintenance as appropriate.
Java J2E, Spring framework, Struts, WebServices, mybatis (soap, rest), Exposure to AngularJS, Ext JS etc..
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Experience with open source frameworks: Open source frameworks, e.g., Spring, MyBatis, EHCache, Hibernate, Struts, JSTL
• Experience with ANT, Maven build/deployment process.
• Proficient in PL/SQL, including triggers, stored procedures, queries, etc.
• Strong understanding of object oriented programming and design patterns.
• Strong technical, analytical, problem solving, and communication skills.
• Experience with system, application, and process documentation including tools such as MS-Visio, etc.
• Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
• Experience with GIT, Jenkins Source Code management techniques/ tools for software management, Knowledge SDLC tools (JIRA).
• Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work with diversified multi-location team.
• Experience with working on Agile/Scrum method of product implementation and delivery.
• Experience in Investment Management Technology applications preferred.
• Experience with implementing workflow applications is a plus.
• Experience with implementing a rules engine is a plus.