Key Required Skills:
The Sr. Java Software Developer, with at least 11 years of relevant experience, shall have extensive experience in software design, software development, program installations and system implementations.Position Description:
The incumbent shall conduct research for, and maintain the computer systems and utilities for commercial and Government engagements. The incumbent shall have extensiveexperience to analyze customers' needs, design a quality proposal then develop these customized solutions to customer/user problems. The incumbent will establish system parameters and formats; ensure hardware/software compatibility; and coordinate and/or modify user requirements in terms of existing and projected computer capacity and configuration capabilities. The incumbent will develop general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions; and revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective developmentprocesses, data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage. The incumbent will be able to work productively as the soledeveloper on a project, and will be able to integrate with project teams. The incumbent will possess excellent written and spoken communications skills, and will be able to perform technical documentation, user documentation, white papers, and customer presentations asrequired.
- Contributes to the analysis and determination of advanced technological ideas and the development into a final product.
- Applies advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Contributes to the development of new principles and theories.
- Supports management and customers answering questions on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Works on innovative and unusually complex technical problems to provide solutions.
- Present design, concept, and architecture to internal and external audiences.
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.)
- Proficient in full Java language and common libraries
- Proven delivery of innovative solutions
- Proven use of software methodologies and best practices
- Proven public speaking skills
- Rapid Application Development: Groovy/Grails
- Restful, web service implementations, SOAP UI web service testingIoC container frameworks: Spring
- Testing frameworks: Junit, JMockIt, Selenium, Cucumber, etc.)
- MDE tools (Git, Jira, Bitbucket, etc.)
- Relational Database: SQL, design
- XML, XSL, XSD, Schematron
- Big data: Hadoop
- Virtualization and Cloud: AWS
- Languages: R, Python
- Frameworks: Drools, JPA 2.0
- Continuous Integration: Jenkins, Maven
- Webapp frameworks: Struts 2, Spring MVC
- Application servers: WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, JBoss AS
- NoSQL Database: MongoDB, HBase, ElasticSearch
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or related field, and 11 years of relevant IT experience.
All candidates will not require sponsorship to work in the USA.