Job Title: Java Developer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Chicago, IL
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- A Software Developer joining the team will be responsible for contributing to a variety of development projects. The nature of these projects will vary in scope and may require updates to existing applications or delivery of new applications. Developers will be expected to be comfortable contributing throughout the application stack. Developers are expected to follow all SDLC processes and best practices established by the development team including proper source code control practices and delivery of unit test cases.
- In addition to delivering software, Developer?s will need to be able to work with the broader development team and interact with business analysts and team leaders to understand business problems.
- Java, RESTFUL, GIT, ORM
- Previous experience as a developer
- Strong discipline regarding adherence to SDLC processes (need to be very comfortable with SDLC)
- Agile/SCRUM methodology
- Complete comfort working with source code control systems such as Git and subversion
- Fluent in Java including ORM related libraries
- Understanding of RESTful principles, best practices, and related technologies
- Capable of coding web-based front end experiences incorporating modern SPA frameworks and CSS implementations
- Comfortable with test driven development and relevant frameworks
- Ability to work independently
- Strong attention to detail, confident enough to raise questions and escalate when necessary