- Job ID 2006 Category Information Technology
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a growing company that is innovative, cutting edge, and mission centered? Our prestigious technical and management consultants work closely with our customers in a dynamic, solution-oriented environment, and we are inviting you to apply for our recent opening as a JAVA Developer.
Codes software applications to adhere to designs supporting internal business requirements or external customers. Standardizes the quality assurance procedure for software. Oversees testing and develops fixes. Ability to design and architect a software component, and write technical documentation for it to include specifications.
- Work on a Java development and software modernization effort, including making system design decisions
- Implement enhancements to existing system in addition to coordinating with other developers, in parallel with and performing QA/testing as needed
- rovide software development services (Java, Oracle)
- Acts as a resource to managers and employees in the organization. May provide general guidance and training to lower level employees.
- Plays a key role in implementing projects and programs in the function.
- Identifies and clarifies/defines problems and possible solutions independently.
- Computer Science BS degree
- 5+ years software development experience
- 3+ years Java development
- Java SE/EE developrment, software engineering and problem solving experience
- Demonstrated ability to become proficient in new technologies independently
- Some Oracle experience preferred
- Experience with Subversion (SVN) or Git
- Experience with Apache Ant or Gradle; Spring, REST web services.
- Experience with automated ETL (Extract, Transform and Load) processes
- Experience with automated testing and continuous build tools (JUnit, Jenkins)
- Experience with or the ability to learn JavaFX is beneficial
- Familiarity with cloud development and deployment
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed to crafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal Opportunity Employer –Minorities / Women / Veterans / Individuals with Disabilities / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Buchanan & Edwards is an E-Verify employer.