8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Position Title: Java Developer
Position Number: 260248
Location: Boise, ID
Desired Skill Set:
Ant, J2EE, Java, JBoss, Linux, Maven, Oracle, Spring Framework, SQL, Struts
Title: Software Engineer 3 /Java Developer
Location: Boise, ID 83702
Duration: 7/24/2017 – 1/23/2019
CONTRACTOR MUST WORK ONSITE.
A Software Engineer 3 is responsible for the analysis, design, coding, component and assembly testing (including unit testing) of system and component software tools and applications. Software Engineers typically are involved in maintenance (including production support), enhancement and development work. Software engineers have a range of skills and knowledge of current technologies, such as:
• Designing and developing high volume, high performance applications for mission critical systems, delivering high availability and reliability.
• Capable of contributing alone or as part of a team in all phases of the development lifecycle.
• Able to write well designed, testable, efficient code.
• Able to write unit tests
• Able to implement code quality rules in the code
• Able to re-factor the code in order to improve its quality, efficiency and maintainability of the code/component
• Able to deliver designs that are in compliance with backlog and user specifications.
• Capable of delivering releases of tested software components on time and at quality.
• Experienced in working in a continuous improvement style of development by investigating technical alternatives and new technologies.
The person filling this position should have the ability to do the following assignments:
• Partners with other business and technical personnel to resolve problems of intent, simplicity, or feasibility of implementing software solutions in the available system and solution parameters.
• Leverages excellent written and verbal communication skills to develop new business process and programming solutions as required based on requirements and backlogs.
• Utilizes in-depth modeling, design, and coding skills to deliver quality solutions.
• Analyze and design enhancements, development of programs, and/or required fixes to production problems.
• Design applications to functional and technical programming standards.
• Gather and interpret user requirements into design specifications.
• Develop system specifications and interfaces.
• Determine time estimates and schedule for work based on given parameters.
• Code new features/functionality, as well as software enhancements and/or required fixes to production problems using existing and industry standard functional and technical programming standards.
• Participate in or conduct structured code reviews / walkthroughs.
• Create and provide content for operational documentation to Technical Writers.
• Utilize configuration management tools, design tools, debugging tools, and any other environment specific tools necessary to create, test, and implement an application.
• Design and support testing of code prior to deployment to main branch.
• Provide On Call support as needed.
• Collaborate with Team Members on Agile testing methods to include Test Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development
Specific Skills required (Programming languages, databases, operating systems, etc.):
This position is considered a senior level technical resource and requires a minimum of 10 years of proven experience in the field of software development. Must be able to demonstrate the following skills:
J2EE application development including front end, back end, and middle tier components utilizing multiple design patterns, experience utilizing third party middleware tools that are incorporated in application design, web services creation, consumption and implementation, extensive knowledge of web and application servers.
• Requires minimum 8 years of Java/JEE core development experience
• Requires minimum of 5 year of writing unit tests using unit test frameworks like junit, jmock and other mocking frameworks
• Requires minimum 2 years of experience in implementing code quality rules in the code (PMD rules, Checkstyle rules, Findbugs rules)
• Requires minimum 2 years of rules engine experience (i.e.- ilog or OPA).
• Requires minimum 2 years of experience in developing scripts using ant, maven
• Requires minimum 3 years of experience in writing efficient SQL queries
• Requires minimum 2 years coding experience with Spring modules
• Requires minimum 2 years web application development with Struts modules
• Requires minimum 2 years Web Services experience, top-down, bottom-up, Implementation with JAXWS, CXF
• Requires minimum 2 years Oracle SQL experience
• Optional 2 years Application Server experience, JBOSS, Deployment Management, etc.
• Optional 2 years scripting experience (with Shell, Groovy, etc.)
• Operational understanding of browser based application infrastructure running in clustered hardware environment. Experience should include solid working knowledge of Linux O/S and Shell scripting.
• Requires minimum 2 years of experience in using automations tools like Jenkins
• Requires minimum 2 year of experience in troubleshooting operational issues which spawns multiple layers in the environment
• Requires minimum 2 years of experience in solving productions issues and doing Root Cause Analysis
• Experience working in an agile software development environment that utilizes continuous integration build processes that include deployment and regression testing.
• Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Experience in Test Driven Development, Acceptance Test Driven Development and Behavior Driven Development.
• Excellent communication skills are required.
• Requires minimum 2 years’ experience with understanding Enterprise Architecture
• Experience in aligning the work with Enterprise Architecture visions and goals
Our development environment includes but not limited to Eclipse, OPA workbench, iLog workbench, Adobe LiveCycle designer workbench, SVN, JRebel, XRebel and Windows/CentOS virtual machine and production environment include but not limited to clustered JBOSS application servers running primarily off CentOS(Linux) OS, clustered Apache web servers, F5 load balancers, BRE(OPA & iLog), Adobe Lifecycle ES4 or AEM family of products, Subversion source management, Eclipse IDE, Jenkins, Oracle 11g, , Wily Introscope, QAS Pro Web etc.
This resource will be a developer and will be working in one of our development teams. Expectation is to receive documentation of deliverables and knowledge transfer.
What we are looking for is a strong technical contributor who can quickly come up to speed on our existing system functionality, application infrastructure, both from a hardware and software perspective. The candidate filling this position must able to work in a fast-paced, agile environment.
Experienceworking with government agencies would be advantageous, but is not required.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, arrest and conviction records, or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco, California will be administered in accordance with the Fair Chance Ordinance.