We are seeking creative software developers to join one of our cornerstone business solutions teams supporting a classified customer. On this program, we are undertaking an aggressive talent and DevOps transformation that builds on the success of our web based services. Our world-class teams embrace Agile values and use Agile driven software development cycle with continuous integration to develop software applications. We are looking for developers with a genuine passion to learn, create quality solutions, and solve tough challenges.
You will be challenged to create and to innovate. You will deliver functional requirements and technical solutions by coordinating with product owners, product teams, and IT cross functional groups. You will be responsible for designing, developing, testing (automation), deploying, and self-documenting working software. The successful candidate will bring strong critical thinking skills and impeccable judgement to prioritize multiple efforts and make a long-lasting impact for our customer.
- Work on everything from backend to user-interfaces and content management, to messaging and web services.
- Design, code, test, and deploy systems.
- Solve complex and challenging business problems with cutting edge technologies.
- Challenge beliefs, assumptions, process and products with a prescient eye to the industry.
- “You build it, you own it” - Provide support to identify, resolve and communicate impacts to the business.
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must possess an active Intel Clearance with a favorable polygraph. Will not be considered without it.
- 5+ years of experience with several frameworks including some of the following: Spring, Struts, Grails, Hibernate, JPA
- Experience with build tools including Maven and Gradle
- Practical understanding of object-oriented, multi-threaded, and asynchronous programming
- Excellent debugging and problem solving skills
- Experience with Agile methodologies
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with automated testing/scripting
- Experience with CSS (2 or 3) and HTML (5)
- Experience with Apache Tomcat, Jetty, and OpenSSL
- Experience in the role as a Scrum Master
- AWS experience
- Working knowledge of GitHub using pull requests, feature branching and code versioning
- Working knowledge of Jenkins for build/test/delivery automation