Java Developer, AVP
5 - 7 years experience •
Systems Development Unit
The Systems Development Unit (SDU) is responsible for implementing application systems to support the bank’s business goals while striving for the highest quality. SDU aims to provide extensive system support by delivering reliable application solutions.
Seeking a Java/Java EE developer with experience designing and developing enterprise web applications to join highly skilled a leading multi-national bank.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Demonstrate expert-level knowledge in Java and Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE) development and architectural technologies Design and develop databases to support business applications, ensuring system scalability, security, performance and reliability.
- Analyze and validate Java EE component requirements
- Code new features and functions for our Java EE applications.
- Experience with several relational databases including Oracle
- Working knowledge of application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, etc
- Generate appropriate design documents and other forms of documentation to clearly represent the solutions being created.
- Participate in all phases of development from definition and design through implementation, debugging and testing.
- Work with other development team members to allow them to implement the designs, including design and code reviews
- Prepare required user documentation, including diagrams, flow charts, and software program documentation
Required candidateexperience and skills/capabilities include:
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science/Information Systems and 5+ years, preferably in the financial services industry, Enterprise Java JEE development experience, Oracle PL/SQL environment.
- Proven experience in Enterprise Application Architecture with a knowledge of OOD, design patterns, data modeling messaging, session, Java Serialization, Web Services, Struts framework and related Java EE technologies.
- Required to design, create and test Oracle DB related components (packages, stored procedures, tables, views, etc).
- Experience with SQL Server: T-SQL stored procedures, views, triggers, SQL scripts.
- Must be well versed with Java language, Server side programming (JDBS, JMS, Servlets, JNDI, JavaMail, Session management, etc).
- Experience with design patterns (MVC), data structures and algorithm development.
- Experience with version control system such as Subversion (SVN), Serena, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong judgment, decision-making and problem solving abilities.
- Knowledgeable of IBM WebSphere platform and related technology, IBM Rational Developer, Crystal Reports.
- Development experience in a Linux/Unix environment, shell scripting.