8 - 10 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Java Developer for our client in Austin, TX
Job Title: Java Developer
Job Location: Austin, TX
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Review, modify, and test existing J2EE for the RTS and IVTRS web applications.
- Code and test new programs using J2EE, in accordance with TxDMV standards.
- Develop test plans for all phases of testing.
- Write specifications based on user requirements.
- Document programs.
- Participate in integration and systems tests.
- Gain approval of each deliverable in a meeting/walk-through environment.
- Create design documentation.
- Provide support during non-standard business hours.
- Assist in the design and development of changing the RTS and IVTRS applications to updated technology methods, as assigned by TxDMV management.
- Use experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Diagnose production problems and perform resolutions.
- Assist internal and external users in their production problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Train and document sufficiently to enable TxDMV personnel to provide maintenance and ongoing support to any code written during project assignments.
- Log and document problems and solutions.
- Provide on-the-job-training in problem resolution techniques.
- Prepare and provide weekly project status reports to the RTS application manager(s) and other management.
- 8years experience working effectively in a project team environment
- 3years experience serving as a developer/analyst for highly complex client/server applications
- 3years experience developing program specifications and test plans
- 3years experience programming in J2EE
- 2years experience programming with JSPs
- 2years experience programming with Struts 1
- 2years experience with JAVA Web Services
- 1yearexperience performing Web design
- Strong Communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, including minimum of 12 hours in management science, computer science, information systems, and/or data processing
- Within the last 3years, 1year of experience using XML
- Within the last 3years, 1year of experience with Linux and scripting
- Within the last 3years, 1year of experience developing Mobile Device Applications
- Within the last 3years, 1year of experience with Eclipse developer tool
- Within the last 3years, 1year of experience using LDAP