This position is available for a Java Developer and System Analyst Consumer Lending within the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT). The selected team member will work on complex applications and initiatives utilizing a thorough and functional understanding of available technologies, tools, and existing design included but not limited to Java, Oracle/SQL and .Net development.
This position is needed to help support LPSA's 26 applications, 6 of which are THR HRAs, and 16 THR medium applications that interact real-time with Hogan, Shaw, ECPR (Enterprise Customer Profiling and Referral System). As the lead engineer for multiple applications, you will work directly with all lines of business and technology partners to in Home Equity, Personal Lines and Loans and Direct Auto) to provide leadership, strategic/tactical direction of related projects to include having input into their requirements and validating those business requirements. Resulting from our Safety & Soundness initiative, the need exists for a candidate who will be a subject matter resource with a demonstrated understanding of different technology solutions and who has the ability to analyze highly complex technology issues and provide solid technology recommendation, writing and documenting complex FSDs, perform and review coding, execute/complete and review unit test plans, and manage risks to meet the business need, which might include the implementation of BAR, Exadata, Secure Coding, etc. You will also assign and oversee related work assignments across all geographic application locations and time zones including working with our partners in EGS (Enterprise Global Services).
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides direction to less experienced analysts and developers.
- Acts as a technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
- Analyzes existing application logic written in Java for business requirement analysis, functional design, coding, unit testing, testing support, troubleshooting, etc.
- Develop new documentation for departmental procedures, training and user guides.
- Assures quality, security, and business continuation.
Please note: The site availability for this role is at the following Wells Fargo locations in Chandler AZ (preferred), Des Moines IA and Charlotte NC.
- 7+ years of application development and implementation experience
- 7+ years of Java experience
- 7+ years of JavaEE experience
- 7+ years of Open Source experience
- 1+ year of leadership experience
- 7+ years of Apache experience
- Good verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and ability to solve complex technical problems
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to work effectively, as well as independently, in a team environment
- Knowledge and understanding of technology production support: troubleshooting for web internet or intranet applications
- Knowledge and understanding of configuration management tools such as Subversion
- Exposure to Wells Fargo TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Knowledge and understanding of authentication methods or protocols
- Knowledge and understanding of CA Siteminder
- Knowledge and understanding of Remedy
- Data modeling experience
Other Desired Qualifications
- 5+ years Experience with advanced Oracle/SQL functionality
- 3+ years Experience with Microsoft .Net development and/or support
- Knowledge of various application monitoring tools and their configurations
- Experience with Software Development Life Cycle using Agile, Iterative and/or Waterfall methodologies
- Demonstrated knowledge of at least one of the following: Home Equity Lines and Loans, Personal Loans, Credit Cards and Retail Loans, Business Loans and Credit Cards, and Educational Loans