Job Specific Description:
• Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies. May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives. Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource. Will not have direct reports but may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. May have responsibility for a project and project budget. May collaborate with external programmers to coordinate delivery of software application. Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities. Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants.
• Good understanding of coding standards and object oriented concepts
• Experience in Agile Development environment and basic understanding on Agile best practices and tools used
Required Skills (Must have these skills to be minimally qualified):
• 8+ years of experience in JAVA development using Spring, Spring MVC and Spring Batch
• Server-side Java design and development, SOAP/Restful services, Design Patterns, J2EE, XML/XSLT, XML, JDBC
• Strong Core Java Skills
• Experience in WebServices (JAXRPC or JAXWS) technologies and Development approaches.
• Experience in MyBatis Framework
• Experience in Enterprise Java Bean
• Basic Knowledge of XML Schema and Processing Technologies (Parsers, JAXB, XSLT, etc.)
• Good Understanding of Core Java Patterns and J2EE Design Patterns (i.e. Adapters, Business Objects, Delegates, Service Locator, Singleton, DAO, DTO)
• Experience in JUNIT, Maven, Ant.
• Experience in using Tools such as RAD, WebSphere Application Server and any Source Control tool (RTC), DB clients, SOAP UI
• Experience in using RDBMS/SQL Familiarity and Exposure to Oracle is a plus.
• Must have strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent communication, presentation and organization skill
• Should have strong documentation skills and strong understanding Software Development Lifecycle best practices.
• Should have experience working with offshore/remote delivery teams
• Relevant Prior Financial Industry work experience
1. Unix/Shell Scripting (Basic Knowledge)
2. Any Java profiling tool.
Job number: 18039302