This role is for a Java developer with strong technical abilities, as well as strong communication and collaboration skills. This developer will be responsible for development and delivery of API Services, according to company and industry standards.
- Drive Application design and development for system components (Services/APIs and applications).
- Create technical designs (Activity Diagrams/Sequence Diagrams, API service specifications and message models) by working closely with Technical Leads and other team members
- Review business and non-functional requirements to capture and understand project requirements.
- Provide Technical support during Development, Testing, and Deployment of projects.
- Proactive, regular communications with the Technology Leads and Management on status, changes or issues.
- Performs root cause analysis, efficient production support and maintenance/enhancements for existing applications
- 3+ years of development experience on Java and J2EE frameworks in building resilient and high-performance customer facing applications
- Extensive experience designing SOA services (SOAP & REST) and middleware integration for large distributed enterprise applications.
- Significant experience on multiple SDLC methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
- Prior experienceworking with various Internet Security protocols (e.g., SSO, SAML, oAuth, CA technology stack, SiteMinder) a big plus
- BS Degree or equivalent work experience in a software engineering discipline
- Familiarity in developing highly available applications using open source Java technologies and Frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot, CXF, XML and Camel.
Ally Financial Inc. (NYSE: ALLY) is a leading digitalfinancial services company and a top 25 U.S. financial holding company offering financial products for consumers, businesses, automotive dealers and corporate clients. Ally's legacy dates back to 1919, and the company was redesigned in 2009 with a distinctive brand, innovative approach and relentless focus on its customers. Ally has an award-winning online bank (member FDIC), one of the largest full service auto finance operations in the country, a complementary auto-focused insurance business, a growing digitalwealth management and online brokerage platform, and a trusted corporate finance business offering capital for equity sponsors and middle-market companies.
Business Unit/Enterprise Function
Ally's Information Technology (IT) organization is focused on supporting and improving the position of our industry-leading business franchises through cost effective, innovative IT solutions, as well as overseeing critical functions that enable the day-to-day operations of the entire Ally Financial enterprise. IT is also responsible for the administration and execution of information protection, disaster recovery and IT risk management.
Total Rewards Information
Ally's compensation program offers market-competitive base pay and pay-for-performance incentives (bonuses) based on achieving personal and company goals. Plus, we have a flexible paid-time-off program including time off for volunteer opportunities. Ally's Total Rewards Program is designed to enrich your life at work -- and outside of it and includes:
- Industry-leading 401K retirement savings plan with matching and company contributions
- Wellness program encouraging healthy living with financial rewards
- Flexible health insurance options including dental and vision
- Pre-tax Health Savings Account with generous employer contributions
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Other work-life integration benefits including parental and caregiver leave, adoption assistance, backup child and adult/elder day care program, child care discounts, tuition reimbursement, LifeMatters® Employee Assistance Program, subsidized and discounted Weight Watchers® program and other employee discount programs