Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented self-motivated Software Engineer to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused software development project working with a team of qualified diverse individuals in Dulles, VA.
The selected candidate will join a high performing software development team supporting mission critical systems, and is expected to apply best software engineering principals and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify application software.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Developing and testing software that results in compelling easy to use products in support of mission critical systems.
• Collaborating with software engineers, product owners and test engineering professionals to deliver high quality products
• Working in a Scrum team utilizing agile methodology best practices to deliver high quality products.
• Independently working/researching problems with defined scope, schedule, and expectations.
• Candidate must have an Active Top Secret w/ Polygraph
• Candidate must have at minimum a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, System Engineering, Business or related discipline and 2 years of experience or a Master's Degree in a STEM field and 0 years of experience.
• Candidate should have a strong background in Java/J2EE and foundational knowledge of object-oriented design and software patterns.
• Candidate should have experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement new options
• Familiarity with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), agile software development, continuous integration and delivery is preferred.
• Experience developing and maintaining full stack web applications is preferred.
• Experience developing and maintaining Web Service Protocols, REST API’s, and JSON is preferred.
• Experience developing and maintaining web applications while addressing accessibility concerns is preferred.
• Experience with Git version control system is preferred.
• Experience with JUnit, Selenium or other testing tools is preferred