$150K — $200K *
Meet our professionals
CGI: A place to build an IT career
The best version of us starts with you. And the best version of you starts here.
CGI helps clients take an enterprise approach to accelerate and maximize their return on technology investments through relevant applied innovation. This role can be located within proximity of any U.S. CGI office.
CGI is seeking accomplished Java Cloud Platform Architect to join our Pre-Sales team.
- Proactively analyze market trends to identify opportunities to enrich existing product offerings
- Leverage sales expertise and industry knowledge to craft compelling sales pitches and proposals
- Identify and build partnerships to increase speed to deliver enriched capabilities to the market
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Collaborate with Sales to develop robust, modern sales collateral, campaigns, proposals and offerings to enable engaging customer conversations
- Engage with sales and prospective clients to understand problem statements / pain points and create tailored messaging; ability to simplify technology discussions and tell a good story as to why it is important
- Develop compelling proposals and demos
- Proactively conduct industry/technology research to generate new ideas and continuously build expertise
- Identify and create partnerships
- Engage with clients, technology teams and partners to complete proof-of-concepts/bake-off with ability to convert ideas to prototype
- Identify creative solutions and/or opportunities and champion them with leadership
- Collaborate with Sales & Marketing to deliver Go to Market Strategies
- Leverages technical knowledge and financial industry experience to provide strategic consultation to customers to architect conceptual technology solutions
- Provide leadership and mentoring in the areas of expertise and architecture to peers, developers, management, and business users including technical expertise, coaching, and ad-hoc training.
- Leverages strong expertise on Java, Spring Boot, Microservices Architecture, Cloud, DevOps to define architecture solutions.
- Partners with business and technology teams to contribute to technology strategy and roadmap for our Credit Management and Decision Analytics solutions.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Ten years of industry experience, including two or more years in sales engineering or consulting
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experienced in building enterprise architecture frameworks, standards and principals
- Technology Architecture and software development experience with and understanding of a modern modular technology stack and tools. Strong expertise on Java, Spring Boot, Microservices Architecture, Cloud and DevOps to define architecture solutions.
- Experience of DevOps and Agile development methods - also Waterfall delivery in a large-scale Program Delivery environment.
- Leadership of junior architects designing or building individual components of a solution.
- Experience advising clients and delivering architecture roadmaps and digital platform designs
- Communicate effectively will all levels of organization.
- Experience in engaging with clients Enterprise Architecture team to design and Architect, systems and defines standards and guidelines to be followed by development team for initiatives and projects.
- Experience in providing technical guidance and consultation on critical, common issues and best practices to team members.
- Experience in providing solutions to the new applications and initiatives in the Financial Industry
Java - 10 years experience
UI skills - 6 years experience
Cloud Architecture - 5 years experience
Micro Services - 5 years experience
Spring - 5 years experience
Sales Engineering - 2 years experience
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $150,000-$170,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
- Competitive base salaries
- Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
- 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
- Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
- Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
- Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and more
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
Valid through: 9/21/2021