?We are looking for ?Java Cloud Developer for our client in St. Louis, MO
Job Title: Java Cloud Developer
Job Location: St. Louis, MO
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Client solid experience with golang in addition to Java.
- This is must have skill. Client will not accept profiles without it .
- Our Client is seeking a software engineer with a fundamental understanding of cloud native applications to provide thought leadership and hands-on expertise for clients moving applications to the cloud.
- This individual will be tasked with working onsite and remotely, to help customers migrate applications onto platforms such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, or writing new application to take advantage of the cloud.
- Candidate should have a firm understanding of microservices, containers, and how to leverage these technologies to build a native cloud application.
- Candidates will be responsible for the analysis of business, engineering, and scientific problems, and the documentation and development of well-defined methods, procedures, and programs in the delivery of practical systems solutions. Experience with hands-on Java development.
- This includes detailed software design, developing code with unit tests to implement the design, correcting flaws based on requirements testing, and integrating the applications.??
The following knowledge skills and attributes are required:
- 5+ Years of experience software development and client engagement
- Excited by the chance to help and mentor customers
- Willingness to travel and work with clients onsite
- Strong Java development skills
- Experience with container technologies, such as Docker, Swarm, Mesos, and Kubernetes
- Experience with web enabled application development and client and/or server development using Java / Spring Applications / Spring Boot
- Understanding of cloud service and deployment models
- Understanding of container technologies, associated tools, and best practices
- Familiarity with IT Operations processes and technologies including Chef, Puppet, BOSH or similar
- Experience with multiple platform environments, including UNIX / Linux, and Windows Server (any version)
- Ability to work in an Agile Environment
- Experience with formal software development processes
- Experience with the automated build process, unit testing, source code analysis tools.
- Highly motivated and dependable with exceptional communication
- Excellent personal presence with proven ability to work with all levels of management internally and externally
- Critical thinker with the ability to demystify complex technical requirements
The following knowledge skills and attributes are preferred:
- Familiarity with Java / Spring
- Experience with Platform as a Service (PaaS) such as Cloud Foundry, Heroku, Open Shift
- Solid understanding of 12-Factor applications
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience