Exciting opportunities exist within our Digital Organization for ChatBot & AI professionals. This position represents an opportunity to become an integral part of a talented team helping our clients’ Digital Transformation. The VCM Chatbot & AI Team plays an important role for Digital Innovation. This is a high-impact role working closely with Client's, Business partners to drive the adoption of our services to meet our sales, self-service and revenue goals.
Verizon Consumer Markets Chatbot and innovation Team is looking for dynamic, focused Java Architect. This person will be responsible for the developing chatbot and AI architecture and integrating different channels to drive results. This person will seek to build deep, consultative technical relationships with the customers, effectively becoming a trusted adviser on Architecture. The person is ideally positioned to understand the customer's high-level objectives, and match these to Verizon solutions in order to satisfy business and technical requirements.
As an Architect you should be comfortable presenting Verizon’s value proposition, technologies, strategy, and product roadmaps to all levels at their customer including executives, technical management, and technical engineers.
- Lead for chatbot development team responsible to recommend and implement IT strategy, architecture and design of the platform.
- Interact with several stakeholders across business organizations to execute the program objectives and deliverables.
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise in the areas of chatbot, AI, FiOS Network Architecture, Tech Support and Self-Service.
- Make executive presentations to provide the update on ideation, strategy and implementation of chatbot.
- Guide a team of architects to design and enhance chat application and channels of engagement that can produce actionable intelligence for self-service systems.
- Work closely with business operations to convert requirements into system solutions and collaborate with development teams to ensure delivery of highly scalable and available systems.
- Manage offshore and onshore resources.
- Develop system flow diagrams to automate a business function and identify impacted systems; metrics to depict the cost benefit analysis of the solutions developed. Analysis of customer tech support calls and dispatches to identify system gaps and self-service opportunities.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in developing/architecting applications using Java ,C/C++, J2EE, Oracle/DB2.
- Experience with API First Architecture.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Solid Grasp of OOP design and performance tuning.
- SpringREST: API endpoints based on domain models.
- Hibernate: Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) framework.
- Experience in developing/architecting chatbot and chat applications.
- Experience in working on big data platforms such as Hadoop (desirable).
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- IT experience in the area of System Analysis, Design, Development, and Operational Support on various platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex telecommunication network system architecture and come up with system solutions to resolve complex business problems.
- Define, deliver, and support chatbot applications.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, influence and collaborate at all levels of a large, complex organization.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users.
- Ability to work closely and productively with design, development, brand, and IT.
- Ability to work well and thrive in a dynamic, large and complex environment.
- Strong ability to rapidly narrow down software bugs in complex environments.
- Excellent and effective Verbal and Written Communication Skills.
- Job # 478452