CBO-Solution Manager –Java Architect
Are you an experienced, passionate pioneer in technology? A roll-up-your-sleeves Java Developer who wants be part of a collaborative environment? An innovative programmer who can incorporate new ideas in a think-tank and share new ideas with your colleagues? If so, consider an opportunity with our US Delivery Center – we are breaking the mold of a typical Delivery Center.
Our US Delivery Centers have been growing since 2014 with significant, continued growth on the horizon. Interested? Read more about our opportunity below …
Work you’ll do/Responsibilities
- Manage a team of Java developers for a risk and insurance project
- Manage development of external interfaces
- Collaborate and implement most relevant development tools/techniques to solve client issues and exceed client requirements
- Understand the benefits of process methodologies in conjunction with specific software application tools to enhance client environment
- Plan and work with development teams to deliver solutions in accordance to service level agreements
- Manage and maintain project goals established for project deliverables
- Develop solutions to client problems via use of methodologies and software application tools
- Demonstrate accountability to successfully realize client goals
Core Industry Solutions
Our Core Industry Solutions practice encompasses industry vertical, sector specific solutions that leverage distinct technologies to drive operational change and automate the core of the business. Examples of the type of work we deliver to our clients includes Digital CARE (Epic), Insurance CST (Guidewire), and Digital Banking Solutions (nCino).
Digital Banking Solutions
The team brings experience from across Deloitte to leverage common approaches, best practices, and strategic investments to scale these solutions by industry strategy. Professionals will focus on key client issues that are at the core of the business by integrating our industry expertise with deep technical and operational transformation capabilities.
- 10+ years of Java full stack software development on web and client/server solutions
- Must have experience in insurance or risk management industries working on third party claims systems
- Must have experience managing projects in a functional capacity
- Manage building and deployment of micro services-based applications
- Experience with JSON, GitHub, XML, RESTful, and Jenkins
- Experience in both designing and developing platform components using Java Web Services, JWS/JAX, and Component Based Architectures
- Experience developing application on cloud platforms including: AWS, Azure or Google Cloud
- Ability to lead and manage development teams to provide technical deliverables in accordance with SDLC methodologies such as SCRUM and Agile
- Plan, track, manage deliverables on short term sprints, and long term software deployments
- Must have experience writing unit tests and experience with source control management and defect tracking systems, such as Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Git.
- Must be able to operate with minimal oversight and operate within a self-organizing scrum team.
- Strong technical skills including understanding of software development principles.
- Preferred Ability to perform code reviews and recommend automated review tools for the project.
- Ability to lead small teams to provide high performance code reviews and troubleshoot all software development issues
- Ability to multi-task and support development teams to ensure timely software development deliverables
- Travel up to 20% annually (While 20% travel is a requirement of the role, due to COVID-19, non-essential travel has been suspended until further notice.)
- Must live near, or relocate to, the Mechanicsburg, PA or Orlando, FL area
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future