Java Architect, Developer
8 - 10 years experience • Staffing & Recruiting
Our direct client is looking for a Java Architect, Developer in Harrisburg, PA.
The Technical Specialist is a senior-level resource with specialized knowledge and experience in a specific technology such as SharePoint development or an SAP Specialist. The Technical Specialist has an overall knowledge and understanding of application development and architecture that serves as a strong base for technical expertise in a specific product or program.
- Advanced experience in the required technical subject matter.
-Delivers support and design for industry specific applications that require integration with statewide systems or applications.
-Interacts with executive level business users or technical experts.
-May function as a niche technical SME.
-Demonstrates expertise in conveying technical and functional concepts for a specific technical specialty.
-Identifies improvements to project standards to achieve high quality services/ products.
-Able to identify best practices and standards for the use of the product.
- Perform advanced java development tasks
- Perform code reviews and assist in mentoring otherdevelopers
-Assist the Senior Architect/Team Lead in java design/development tasks to complete high priority IT Portfolio Projects.
- The expectation is that this candidate will perform significant coding tasks as well as mentoring/assisting/reviewing the work otherdevelopers.
-Develop/maintain Common Components as needed.
-Provide architecture and/or advanced programming skills to high priority IT Portfolio Projects as directed.
-Perform knowledge transfer/transition activities to facilitate the use and maintenance of developed components.
- Object Oriented Programming Experience - Required - 10 Years
- Java (experience with Eclipse and/or Rational Team Concert (RTC) - Required - 10 Years
- Java Frameworks (JSF, EJB 3.1, Primefaces, Hibernate - Required - 5 Years
- Design/Develop and unit test server-side JEE/Java Code. Very strong design and implementation skills in Java/JEE Technology - Required - 10 Years
- Database Programming/SQL Experience with major DBMS (DB2, SQL Server, Oracle) - Required - 10 Years
- Web Services Experience (SOAP, RESTful) - Required - 5 Years
- XML Experience (XML, XSD, XSLT) - Required - 5 Years
- Systems ArchitectureExperience - Required - 4 Years
- Superior analysis and troubleshooting skills - Required
- Superior oral and written communication skills - Required
- Java Certification - Highly desired
- Previous client's Application Development Experience and knowledge of client's Systems & Standards - Highly desired
Question 1: This position requires first round in-person interviews. Is your candidate available for a first round in-person interview?
Question 2: Hiring manager would prefer candidates local to Harrisburg, PA. Is candidate local to Harrisburg, PA?
Location: Harrisburg, PA