The Medicare Supplement/Dental eApp team has an exciting opportunity for a talented, highly motivated, collaborative Java Application Systems Analyst to join the team. This team's purpose is to improve and support Medicare Supplement and Dental electronic applications. In addition, this team is committed to learning and supporting the underwriting and paper application work, by pulling features that require underwriting and paper applications domain knowledge.
The Application Systems Analyst develops application and business integration solutions. Uses a variety of programming languages, platforms and technologies to provide business solutions to customers.
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for the development, maintenance and integration of applications and systems that support the business operations.
- Responsible for having the knowledge of the tools and languages used to develop, maintain and execute systems.
- Responsible for understanding and leveraging approaches for designing, developing, testing, debugging applications and assisting with issues.
- Responsible for understanding the business, business objectives and current business challenges within the supported business area.
- Responsible for acting as an internal consultant, and mentor to more junior staff. Provides task-level leadership, guidance, and direction.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Pursues Operational Excellence in all endeavors, striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Passionate about creating code that is straightforward, clean, easy to maintain and quick to change.
- Capable of leveraging multiple techniques to gather information to determine root cause of a problem, fix it and avoid it in the future.
- Able to understand the business, business objectives, and current business challenges in a way that is customer focused, not just technology focused.
- Able to work in an agile and highly collaborative work environment while influencing those around them in a way that allows the team to learn, improve and flourish.
- - This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
- 4 years of systems experience
- Development experience using with XML and SQL
- Experience developing/enhancing RESTful web services
- Basic knowledge of cross-browser implementation
- Ability to be part of the team rotation for limited overnight and weekend support
- Good technical foundation with ability to pick up new skills and adapt quickly
- Desire to learn new technologies while supporting existing
- Test Driven Development experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements.
- Experience with microservice and cloud architecture
- Experience working Spring and SpringBoot
- Experience working with OpenAPI tools (Swager, JsonSchema, etc.)
- Experience in code and artifact version control and continuous integration
- Familiarity with common data interchange formats (JSON, XML, YAML, etc.)