- Highly competent in processes involved in systems analysis and use of appropriate tools for resolution, including understanding design factors, system capacities, hardware and software requirements, coding, testing, and debugging programs.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Excels in ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with subordinates, peers and management.
- College degree in Information Technology (preferred)
- Minimum of 4 years work experience in Information Technology
- Participation in major system projects with proficiency in at least one development discipline/platform.
- Working Knowledge of databasedesign, preferably DB2. Advanced SQL experience
- Working knowledge with Java IDEs such as Eclipse or RAD
- Framework experience in STRUTS, Wicket and/or SPRING
- Experience developing REST Services using Spring MVC / JAX-RS and/or experience building and consuming JAX-WS / JAX-RPC Web Services is desirable
- Experience with troubleshooting and debugging tools such as Fiddler, Wireshark, Chrome DevTools, etc
- Experience in front end MVC framework such as Angular JS versions 1.x is a plus
- Experience with Websphere, Log4J, Subversion, JQuery, AJAX, and Maven is a plus
- Any previous experience with Single Sign on implementation is a plus
RESPONSIBILITIES:Performs technical duties:
- Interviews and meets with business area, analyzes detailed system factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and software requirements and presents alternative methods of problem resolution to ensure optimal performance
- Writes technical specifications and system test plans for mid - large projects
- Creates thorough unit test plans for new functionality, applications, conversions, etc. through full regression validation
- Codes, tests, and debugs programs ensuring optimal performance using advanced programming techniques
- Reviews business test plans and results to ensure effectiveness in meeting project requirements
- Assists in training of business personnel in new and modified systems
- Provides on-call support for production and test environments as necessary
- Uses advanced features of Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Visio and Power Point to facilitate documentation, presentations and project management
- Responsible for all aspects of project management
- Performs as core contributor on mid to large projects; participates in all aspects including planning, scheduling meetings, documenting decisions, making appropriate updates in project management system, and providing system documentation including all "as built" diagrams
- Develops project proposals (including estimates) and presents to stakeholders for review and approval
- Creates and or updates system documentation as appropriate based on project assignment
- Follows all applicable Information Technology Management Policies and enforces Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Change Management Policy
- Familiar with Agile Methodology ( Sprints, scrums, etc)
- Applies advanced analysis skills and business knowledge in order to solve complex business problems
- Uses appropriate tools to design solutions
- Stays abreast of advanced technology within areas of expertise
- Collaborates with others to formulate optimal solutions