The Java Architect will work closely with the IS Retail Marketing and Merchandizing, and ExtraCare Operations business and technical teams to deliver functionality for the ExtraCare. You will provide strong leadership to the technical teams and will demonstrate a strong capability to work across multiple teams to make valuable contributions to our business partners. As a Java Architect you will lead medium to large projects and drive the design for our ExtraCare Loyalty programs. You will ensure scalable, maintainable, and reliability by applying IT Standards and Designs taking into considerations high volume online (OLTP) and batch transactions systems.
You will partner with the development team, ExtraCare business team, Business Analysts, and QA and Operations to ensure the requirements are fully understood and documented, and development and implementation issues are resolved, and assure a smooth QA and deployment of applications. As a flexible, self starter you will collaborate with senior Java software engineers to create high-level J2EE software designs and technical specs.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing the design of logical and physical data models (relational & dimensional), data dictionary and database volumetric and holds LDM reviews with data SMEs
- Defining ETL specifications and troubleshooting data movement and transformation challenges.
- Identifying and evaluating emerging technologies and tools
- Evaluating package solutions and participating in selection of solutions to meet business needs and architecture standards
- Participating in peer reviews on specifications, design and code
Minimum 5 plus years of Java
Minimum of 7 years in Information Technology with experience or applied knowledge in:
- Experience with implementation of large systems that utilize J2EE technologies
- Designing n-Tier OO system architectures using EJB technologies, OOD and UML, and Design Patterns
- Developing J2EE framework : EJB, JSP, Servlet, JMS, JNDI, JDBC, JMX, JAXB
- Web Services Standards (SOAP, XML, WSDL, UDDI) a plus
- Standard internet protocols such as HTTP, HTTPS, POP, FTP, SMTP
- User interface (HTML, Java script, JSP) design
- RDBMS design, development
- Back-end connectivity to database systems
- Large scale, multiple business solutions across divisions or enterprise
- Experienced in using Erwin or TOAD
- Oracle 12 and development experience utilizing Teradata tool
- Experience with Oracle 12 and development experience utilizing Teradata tools a strong plus.
- Mobile application development experience a plus
- Knowledge of either Rational Rose or Together J modeling tools a plus
- Project management skills
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related discipline
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Job ID: 710443BR