Essential Job Functions:
- Design, develop, and integrate applications and systems with an emphasis on maintainability and proper integration of new features and technologies.
- Write application code and corresponding automated tests that build on Mutual of Omaha’s continuous integration & continuous delivery pipeline.
- Create and implement technology solutions
- Responsible for understanding the business requirements and objectives.
- Responsible for complying with all Company Information Services policies and standards.
- Responsible for ensuring appropriate security and privacy measures are implemented on technology solutions to protect Company data from intentional or accidental misuse.
- Pursues Operational Excellence in all endeavors, striving on a routine basis through identification and implementation of continuous process improvements.
- Complies with all related Federal, State and Industry laws and regulations pertaining to Banking.
- This position requires extensive or prolonged typing/keyboarding.
- This position requires sitting over 66% of the time.
- This position requires Visual Acuity at 20 inches (or less) over 66% of the time.
This job posting is reflective of the Application Developer essential functions, qualifications, and physical requirements. The Application Systems Analyst and Technical Solution Architect levels have variable essential functions, qualifications and physical requirements. Competency and skill set will determine level of placement within the posted job family.
- 2 years programming experience
- 2 years of Java experience
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes in assignments
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technology and business requirements
- Awareness of different technologies and technology domains (Web UI, WebServices (SOAP and REST), Spring Boot, Portal, Cloud, Client Server, Automated Testing etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in related system and/or business-related field of study (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience in backend application development: Java, Spring/Spring Boot
- Experience in integration layer development: REST/SOAP/Web Services
- Experience with: SQL and relational databases (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, DB2)
- Stays current with emerging technologies and industry best practices
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong analytical skills and sound decision-making abilities.
- Strong customer relations skills.
Job no: 495947