Japanese major trading company is seeking a Japanese Bilingual Deputy Manager - Accounting.
Summary: The missions of Accounting Department in Houston Branch are; 1. Performing accurate, efficient and timely monthly, quarterly and year end closing, and 2. Providing consistent and sustainable accounting support to Business units. Under these missions, Deputy Dept. Manager is expected to act as; 1. A reviewer of various accounting processes of daily and closing tasks Accounting Managers, Senior Accountants and Accountants prepare, and 2. A primary contact of Business units in Houston Branch. Also, Deputy Department Manager is required to report and consult with Department Manager in a timely manner as issue arises, so that Deputy Department Manager can deliver appropriate solution of certain issues to Business units in Houston Branch and share necessary information with Department management. Furthermore, Deputy Department Manager is expected to lead the discussion among the team when it comes up based on his/her experience, knowledge and expertise in our daily tasks.
Ensure maintaining accurate and complete accounting records and the timely preparation of financialreports and analyses for the assigned departments by undertaking daily accounting activities and monthly closing procedures (25%)
Serve as trustworthy accounting adviser for the assigned Business units by providing ongoing accounting support & insights, and coordinating financialreporting, audit an internal control matters (25%)
Review and supervise the work of accounting managers and staff, and provide back-up support ensuring adherence and timely completion of all tasks (25%)
Assist the Department Manager with managing the accounting operations and oversight of the accounting function in Houston (25%)
- CPA licence
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the financial accounting field.
- Competence in applying, researching and documenting adherence to IFRS and US GAAP.
- Proficient in MS office with advanced Excel skills and experience with ERP systems.
- Public accounting experience in Big 4 strongly preferred.(Financial audit including internal control)
- SAPexperience is beneficial.
- Excellent communication skill in English and Japanese.
- B.A. degree in accounting or related field required.