Our client is seeking a J2EE Engineer who will develop, enhance, debug, support, maintain and test software applications that support business units or supporting functions. These application program solutions may involve diverse development platforms, software, hardware, technologies and tools. He/She will participate in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, using new technologies. This candidate may provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives.
- 7+ years relevant experience
- Expert level Core Java and solid OOP skills
- Proven Design expertise - Design Patterns, UML; ability to propose new component designs
- J2EE experience and familiarity with one or more App Servers and containers such as Websphere, Weblogic, JBoss, Apache Tomcat etc.
- Comfortable developing with Spring/DI frameworks – Core Spring, Spring Integration, Spring AOP, etc.
- REST, SOAP Web service and Web application development
- Distributed caching frameworks – eHCache, Websphere extreme scale
- Familiar with Encryption, PKI etc
- Experience with one or more XML processing and binding frameworks – JAXB, Xstream, Stax, etc.
- UNIX/Linux hands-on experience
- Relational DB hands-on experience – Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server etc.
- Experience producing high transaction volume service/applications
- Performance turning and application profiling
- Strong technical communication skills with good Presentation skills
- Continuous Integration development approaches and tooling - Familiar with Jenkins/Hudson
- Familiar with one or more development tools such as Jmeter, SOAPUIs, Junit, TestNG, DynaTrace, Jprobe, etc.
- Experience w/ one or more of: Maven, repositories such as Nexus and Apache