J2EE Application Support Delivery Lead - Specialty
The Production Support Delivery Lead - Specialty is a highly visible role within the Specialty team at CVS Health supporting enterprise level, critical services. We're looking for a great team leader with shown leadership skills that can lead a matrix team of technical resources to maintain applications central to our operations. A sharp focus on platform stability, quality of service, continuous improvement, and risk mitigation is necessary for success. You will champion production support (service delivery) methods and standard methodologies on the team to ensure that quality standards and SLAs are met.
Your responsibilities will include:
- You will provide production support to resolve complex issues and recommend solutions to ensure the continued operation of Specialty applications.
- You will assume a lead role in technically complex phases and/or projects/initiatives, maintaining responsibility for technical quality and workability of solutions.
- Your role is important to ensuring there is no down time within applications and all application bugs are resolved in a timely manner.
- You will be responsible for performing IT incident response, triage and root-cause analysis, while participating in a 24/7 on-call rotation support, as needed, during off-hours.
- You will support miscellaneous operational activities including certificate maintenance, server maintenance, and data maintenance.
- You will partner with business users and other IT teams to help provide solutions to complex technical issues.
- You will offer resolution to application problems using your domain expertise.
- Have understanding of incident, problem and change management. Also understand the Disaster Recovery process and procedures.
Additional responsibilities of the Lead include:
- Implementing incident break/fix configuration and changes for Specialty systems.
- Performance tuning and debugging of complex Specialty systems.
- Design scalable, robust systems and software to automate business processes.
- Modernize, refactor and redesign under performing software /solutions.
- Addressing live production issues, identifying application data issues and documenting the root cause for resolutions.
- Researching application bugs and system improvements.
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum 8 years of experience with Java/J2EE technology stacks with XML, AngularJS,
WebServices, Oracle, UNIX/AIX.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with major database management systems, e.g. DB2,
Oracle, SQL Server.
- Minimum of 5 years creatively debugging complex system problems spanning entire hosting stack (application, server, communication channels, networking components, etc), resulting in problem determination and restoration through thorough research and fact finding.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated technical depth with industry standard middleware for Java/J2EE based applications like WAS, JBOSS, MQ Series, Apache, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years demonstrated experienced working with vendors products and
interacting with vendors on technical issues and resolutions
- 8+ years of Service Delivery support or programming using windows based
- 5+ years of experience with BPM/BRM/BAM suites like JRules, JBOSS BPM Suite,
IBM BPM, etc.
- 5+ years Project management experience leading technical projects.
- Experience with high-volume scalable environments.
- Familiar with agile development practices.
- Prior Healthcare, PBM, and/or Specialty background.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required, one additional year of experience is required for each year of college not attained.
CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day. As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units – MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Job ID: 707085BR