The Information Technology (ITS) department at Charles River Associates is currently a team of 30 professionals dedicated to enhancing, maintaining, and developing the firm's technology infrastructure and security. The team is comprised of three functions: Desktop & Telecom, Enterprise Application Solutions, and Information Technology Services. Information Technology staff are based in the Boston, Chicago, London, New York, Oakland, and Washington, DC offices.
The Service Delivery Specialist’s role is to improve the productivity of CRA’s employees by providing a point of contact for problem resolution and information. This is accomplished through diagnosis, identification and resolution of problems with hardware, third-party and proprietary software, LANs, and servers in a timely and professional manner via telephone, email communication, and hands-on support. This position will be located in either Oakland, CA or San Francisco. Travel to either Oakland or San, Francisco (whichever office you do not sit out of) will be expected at least once a week. Both offices are easily accessible by public transportation.
- Provides guidance, assistance, coordination and follow up on client questions, problems or malfunctions of all systems applications, hardware and software installed and maintained by the company.
- Participant in telephone support rotation; providing support to users in offices or while travelling domestically and internationally via remote assistance tools.
- Document problems and solutions in help desk tracking system.
- Inform management of potential problems and identify problem trends.
- Install, modify, and make minor repairs to computer hardware and software systems.
- Create and maintain workstation images.
- Install hardware and peripheral components, such as monitors, keyboards, printers, hard drives, etc.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration, maintenance and upgrade of computer hardware and software.
- Provide support for audio-visual systems, regular inspection of meeting rooms to ensure lighting, AV equipment, and other amenities work properly.
- Perform day-to-day operation of all activities to execute meetings and video conference calls.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT field or related field of study.
- 4 years of help desk related experience
- CompTia A+ or related certifications are a plus.
- Ability to perform diagnostics, identify problems and provide resolutions.
- Exceptional customer service skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to clearly communicate technical guidance and instructions to users via telephone and email.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to handle stress and multiple projects with competing interests for time.
- Experience implementing TCP/IP at the workstation level.
- Knowledge/experience supporting Windows 7/Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 workstations, Active Directory, Microsoft Office 2013 and Microsoft Lync.
- On-call support rotation.
- Ability to lift/move equipment.
- Video-conference administration experience/knowledge is a plus.