To organize necessary resources and to manage all phases of engineering and service activities such as bidding, planning, designing, subcontracting, installation, and materials purchasing and deliver the project in accordance with customer requirements while meeting or improving budget, schedule and quality targets. Must blend a customer-service focus with a budget-oriented approach.
Project Managers will have a Managed Business and Sales (Farming) Quota to meet each year. As a Project Manager strives towards meeting and exceeding this quota, the following responsibilities are required:
Pre-Sales Phase Activities:
- Customer pre-bid meeting
- Vision kick-off meeting
- Support Sales in Opportunity Qualification
- Support RFP/RFQ Review Process
- Support Risk Analysis Process
- Design development
- Proposal Question/clarification development
- Pricing strategy (Labor and Materials)
- Obtain Materials pricing
- Create P&L and schedule P&L reviews
- Perform Peer P&L/Design reviews
- Development of SOW, BOM, and assumptions
- Develop Gantt chart/schedule
- Support Final Proposal Review
- Support Sales in Closing the Deal
Planning Phase Activities:
- Review Customer Requirements and Contract.
- Proactively perform Risk Analysis and plan appropriately
- Develop Project Schedule in compliance with customer requirements
- Development of a clear, concise and complete Work Package for Operations or when appropriate the Subcontractor responsible for performing installation activities. . Include the following: SOW, BOL/BOM, Test & Acceptance Plan, Communications Plan Assumptions, unique customer requirements/rules and standards and necessary floor plans and design layouts.
- Develop Material Procurement and Delivery Schedule
- ScheduleInternal Project Kick-off meeting
- Schedule Customer Kick-off/Scope Review meeting
Implementation Phase Activities:
- Initial Material Order
- Support On-going Material Management
- Support Quality Assurance Process
- Schedule In-progress project meetings (Internal and External)
- Deliver Weekly Project Status Reports to Customer
- Progress Invoicing
- Monitor documentation
- Manage Change Control and Procure change orders
- Monitor Risks and initiate necessary Proactive and Corrective Actions
- Mentor/teach junior team members
- Manage subcontractors/vendors as required.
Closing Phase Activities:
- Provide Support for Site QA Walk-through (Internal and w/ Client)
- Monitor Punch-list Closeout
- Monitor Documentation Process
- Documentation Delivery
- Warranty Application
- Project Accept. / Sign-Off
- Verify job costs are accurate
- Review job for open materials and sub PO’s
- Final Invoicing
- Initiate and participate in Lessons Learned
Selling and Farming:
- Continuously Farm existing Account for additional opportunities to introduce other Vision services (CT and TSG) as well as additional NetworkInfrastructure services.
- Look for new opportunities with new clients that enable Vision to provide A/V, Security, Wireless/DAS, and/or NI services.
- Highly organized, and effective with personal time management
- Excellent communication skills. Ability to communicate in a direct, concise manner in both verbal and written interactions.
- Ability to manage expectations of internal and external customers, and keep them informed.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships with others as needed for high performance in the position.
- Proactive and results-oriented
- Highly dependable
- Customer service/focus
- Desire to continuously improvement at a personal level.
- Ability to influence others to take action.
- Can effectively present and interact with senior executives as needed.
- 5+ years industry and program/project management experience
- Be knowledgeable in all aspects of voice/data/fiber design and installation. RCDD preferred or equivalent knowledge-level is a must
- Data center experience highly desirable
- College degree or AA preferred.
- RTPM certification required
- Be independent, self-driven, highly customer focused and able to work under minimum supervision.
- Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint); Microsoft Outlook
- Some local travel is required.