Selective is seeking Team Leader in the Infrastructure and Operations group who is responsible to support the operations of highly available computing platforms, servers, and networks for on premise and cloud technology solutions. The role will be part of the team that helps support, monitor, and administer Selective’s cloud resources. The Team Leader will develop operational roadmap related to cloud and on premise platforms and services to best serve the goals of the business and to maintain the ongoing reliability, performance and support of the infrastructure technology solutions. The Team Leader in the Infrastructure & Operations group will be supporting all applications and computing resources used throughout the company with particular emphasis not only on resolving hardware or software issues but also to help create and define our standard operating procedures on effective use and support of infrastructure technology throughout the entire organization.
- Lead initiatives to configure, test, deploy, and upgrade software for corporate on premise and cloud infrastructure technologies.
- Lead initiatives and establish best practices to analyze, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, software, network, processes, and system failures for a distributed workforce and ensure 24x7 business operational stability
- Define recommended settings for operating systems, networks, and cloud services to improve performance, and reliability
- Develop plans and perform routine maintenance tasks for infrastructure technologies such as patch management and hotfixes
- Document problem status and resolution
- Work with monitoring team to ensure that all alerts are accurate and have applicable workflows/run-books
- Lead initiatives to leverage orchestration and automation techniques to drive infrastructure operational efficiencies
- Perform root cause analysis for production incidents.
- Ensure system documentation and run-books up to date and accurate
- Manage the Virtualization/Storage/Compute support queue, and deal with escalations from both internal and external teams and act as subject matter expert in infrastructure technology solutions
- Receive and respond to incoming escalation calls and/or e-mails regarding all infrastructure technologies
- Responsible for resource allocation to virtual machines and storage infrastructure
- Responsible to perform daily health checks of core infrastructure components with remediation or escalation to other team members
- Knowledge of Automation experience in at least one configuration management and deployment tool such as “Puppet”
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- 7 – 10 years supporting infrastructure technologies
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude
- Obsessively focused on customer satisfaction and attention to details
- Strong desire to learn and contribute across a variety of technologies and disciplines
- Ability to quickly diagnose and solve problems collaboratively
- Demonstrated experience with key cloud platforms/providers, including but not limited to Microsoft Azure and Office 365
- Experience in 24×7 production operations, preferably supporting a highly available environment for a SaaS or cloud service providers
- Must be a self-starter and able to follow-up from issue to resolution
- Strong fundamental knowledge of supporting technologies, including Network, Hardware, Virtualization and other enterprise software
- Demonstrated ability in successful problem-solving and management of multiple tasks/priorities
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused on completing tasks and meeting goals in a busy workplace environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.