General Atomics (GA), and its affiliated companies, is one of the world's leading resources for high-technology systems development ranging from the nuclear fuel cycle to remotely piloted aircraft, airborne sensors, and advanced electric, electronic, wireless and laser technologies.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing, Logistics, and Quality Systems Manager to join our ITS organization located in San Diego, CA. This position is responsible for leading a team of direct reports as well as architecting, and managing the design, development, and implementation of various business solutions around manufacturing, logistics, and quality management process. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for selecting, motivating, training, evaluating and directing staff. Manage and track the deliverables and work load of staff business systems analysts.
- Responsible to establish team and individual level S.M.A.R.T goals and perform periodic and annual performance assessment and reviews of direct reports.
- Partner and interact with various business partners ranging from end users, process analysts, Managers, Directors, and VPs. Understand their requirements/pain points, recommend solutions, set expectations, and provide timely status updates.
- Engage with business customers and maintain a multi-year projects roadmap, establish priority/ranking on various deliverables and develop a yearly budget forecast as an input into the annual budgeting planning cycle.
- Ensure business continuity by providing on time support and resolution on any incidents or work stoppages. Ensure timely root cause analysis on incidents and drive solutions to prevent recurrence in the future.
- Develop and manage a yearly execution plan on various deliverables from the project portfolio in alignment with the overall integrated plan, assign resources, project funding, oversee timely project ramp up and execution, and proactively identify any risks to on time delivery and associated mitigation plans.
- Offer thought leadership and solution architecture support to the team members whenever needed as well as ensure enterprise wide solution scalability. Interface with staff to determine the best technical solutions for business programming problems.
- Work closely with other ITS value stream managers on various projects internal and external to ITS and assign resources to other cross-functional projects as needed
- Review, provide inputs, and author ITS processes, policies and procedures as relevant and ensure its adherence by the team members.
- Lead and support various business systems and ITS audits as relevant.
- Responsible to engage with procurement to initiate bids and procurement of various applications and professional services. Interact with various 3rd party vendors as relevant.
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company. Expected to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
- Respond to senior management requests in a timely and effective manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
- Typically requires education or formal training equivalent to the completion of a bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related discipline and eleven or more years of professional experience in information technology with at least five of those years in management. May substitute equivalent experience in lieu of education.
- US Citizenship is required.
- Must demonstrate a strong working knowledge and understanding of business systems activities, principles, concepts, theories, regulations and practices; strong knowledge of applicable ERP software, experience with complex and diverse manufacturing and quality management processes in a regulated environment; and leadership skills including organizing, planning, scheduling and coordinating workloads to meet established deadlines and milestones.
- The ability to resolve moderately complex technical and management issues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to accurately document, report and present findings.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with all levels of employees, management and outside representatives, including providing direction to and scheduling work of assigned staff.
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information; and strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.