Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
ITS Manager - Tactical Solutions
What You’ll Do
- Lead the ITS Tactical Solutions Team
- Prioritize and schedule new and on-going projects, conferring with Department Managers to ensure cooperation and to further define the nature of the projects. Assign and track projects, preparing reports to management on status and deviation of goals.
- Provide management with long term development planning strategies. Research improved systems and equipment. Make proposals and solicit and negotiate services with outside providers and vendors.
- Participate as a member of the management team involved in planning and strategy projects, policies, and systems that impact the company as a whole.
- Develop and execute tactical plans for information systems that support the BATC strategic objectives.
- Make formal and informal presentations both orally and in writing.
- Provide supervision to staff development to include determining positions needed, hiring staff, scheduling, delegating, and making recommendations for departmental changes. Establish standards and goals. Conduct performance reviews and assist staff in career planning and development.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS/BA in related field plus 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agencyrecognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Active Secret clearance required.
- Active Top Secret clearance preferred.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Previous management or team leadership experience required.
- Previous management or team leadership experience in a classified environment preferred.
- 5+ years of IT systems administration, network administration, or related experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills (communication, professionalism, teamwork, collaboration).
- Strong customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and coordinate resources.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.