About the role
ITS’ Global Service Desk (GSD) provides 24/7 phone, email, and IM support to all ~30,000 of our global professionals. The GSD plays an important role in keeping our people productive and in the drivers’ seat, wherever they may be.
As a Manager of the GSD, you will lead operations and improvements for the processes and approach to our tier 1 support. You will push the team to resolve or broker resolution to issues in a timely fashion that delights exceeds the expectations of our internal customers. You will ensure transparency in data and pull together (or facilitate the pulling together of) trends to determine opportunities for continuous service improvement.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Encourage the team to make decisions with our internal customer (ie the ‘user’) at the center
- Use this encouragement and understanding of how things actually work to lead the evolution and continuous improvement of the approach and procedures the GSD employs
- Dive into data around calls and incidents, work with your team to understand where there are trends, and present this to your leadership
- Identify and present analytical suggestions on opportunities to drive improvements to our users’ experience
- Ensure appropriate processes and documentation are in place to consistently solve and answer questions
You are a people person. You understand the power of good customer service and are passionate about doing things the right way, not just the easy way. You understand the importance of critical analysis and data-driven decisions. You are passionate about helping people get the most from the tools at their disposal and have the interpersonal awareness and gumption to understand how to drive this at scale.
While this role will be expected to lead a support group in a technical organization, technical expertise is not a prerequisite to success. Critical thinking skills, a strong desire to build and improve, and a passion for user/customer experience is.
Your technical skills likely include:
Familiarity with the O365 toolset, including experience with Excel and data manipulation and analysis
Your general business skillset likely includes:
- Passion for and experience in customer service
- Clear and concise oral and written communication with proven skills
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Self-directed ability to identify opportunities for change in an unstructured environment
- Customer-oriented attitude with great presentation and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge about or interest in financial management (ie: budget)
- Experience or interest in working with offshore teams to facilitate project work.
You ideally have around 5 years of experience either working as a project or program lead, or equivalent experience in a customer service management role. For education, you likely at least have a Bachelor’s Degree.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 51234