Walter P Moore, a premier national consulting firm, provides a broad range of engineering and consulting services to public and private sector clients from an extensive network of twenty offices nationwide and five international offices. We have an immediate opening for an experienced, proactive, and energetic ITS Engineer with the requisite skills set to join this fast-paced group of consulting engineers in a project management and leadership development position. In addition to the skills listed above, this individual will possess a strong "can-do" customer service attitude.
In this position, the qualified individual will be responsible for:
- Managing the design and implementation of intelligent transportation systems and systems engineering projects for the transportation and aviation industries including freeway management systems, video surveillance systems, vehicle detection systems, motorist information systems, control center design and integration, and communications systems.
- ITS business development support.
The following experience is desirable but not required:
- Staff management experience
- Proposal development and project interview skills
- Dallas and/or Austin area experience
- TxDOT and municipal ITS engineering experience
- ITS Master Plans & TSMO Plan experience.
- P.E. in Texas or eligibility for licensure by comity.
- 8 plus years in ITS engineering, traffic systems engineering and systems integration.
- Communications engineering experience a strong plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil or Electrical Engineering required - Master's degree preferred.
- Excellent technical and written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to design and manage ITS projects.
- Ability to effectively develop new business a strong plus.