This position will be assigned to work out of our home office in Bloomington, IL or our Southern Office in the Atlanta, GA area (Alpharetta).
As a ITS Business Continuity Supervisor at COUNTRY, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and business know-how for our Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery (BC/DR) program. You will collaborate with different business and IT teams to develop, implement and manage BC/DR plans for COUNTRY's on-premise and cloud applications. You will also develop comprehensive and integrated exercises to test and update recovery plans on a regular basis to ensure business continuity risks are sufficiently identified, assessed, mitigated, and reported. In addition, you will develop and maintain maturity road map, training, metrics and KPI’s that demonstrate readiness, enable identification of gaps and improve resiliency. This position will also ensure that we follow and continue to maintain industry’s best practices and standards for backup/recovery and BC/DR.
This role provides leadership for those involved in the development, design and optimization of one or more information technology and systems functions supporting company business processes and technical information systems platforms. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, analysis, selection and modification of enterprise systems, application software, installation of network hardware/software and database management, preparation of budgets, schedules and feasibility studies. Provides direction for the effort required to protect the company’s data, tools and information systems. May be involved in planning and coordinating all aspects of projects specific to their respective area of assignment. Utilizes subject matter knowledge of user group for practical application of system characteristics. Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Provides leadership by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, and procedures.
- Sustains information systems results by defining, delivering, and supporting information systems; auditing application of systems.
- Assesses information systems results by auditing application of systems.
- Enhances information systems results by identifying information systems technology opportunities and developing application strategies.
- Safeguards assets by planning and implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by determining service level required; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Manages the implementation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and activities in assigned areas. Maintains current contact information for all employees in applicable areas and communicates with non-recovery employees during a disaster.
- Fosters the highest level of commitment among our people through transparent communication about business challenges, successes and results.
- Creates an environment which encourages people to think, behave, take action and control work and make decisions autonomously to attain clear goals.
- Takes personal responsibility for making tough decisions, meeting commitments and ensuring expected results are achieved.
- 10+ years of direct work experience in IT Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery and Emergency Management.
- Experience with BC/DR core concepts including BIA analysis, DR plan documentation, BC/DR exercises, emergency management communications.
- Deep expertise in cloud computing technologies and experience in architecting BC/DR solutions in the cloud.
- Experience with enterprise class backup and recovery solutions including IBM - TSM/Spectrum Protect, Dell/EMC - DataDomain etc.
- Report to senior management on BCP activities, potential risks and preparedness.
- Establishes reports, dashboards and scorecards on the operational status and maturity of the program.
- Develop and coordinate schedules for BCP program deliverables.
- Strong project management skills/capabilities and ability to multi-task, prioritize, and maintain detailed project plans and documentation.
- Serves as a primary liaison with internal and external auditors, federal regulators and governmental agencies.
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of information technology or related experience OR,
- Master’s degree and at least 4 years of information technology or related experience OR,
- At least 8 years of information technology or related experience.
- And at least 1 year of lead experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate. #