We are looking for ITIL Problem Manager for our client in Cary, NC
Job Title: ITIL Problem Manager
Job Location: Cary, NC
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Atleast 4 years of experience of problem management.
- ITIL Foundations Certification required, ITIL Intermediate Service Operations (Good to have)
- Managing the lifecycle of all problems
- Problem identification, recording and identifying underlying causes of incidents and preventing recurrences.
- Manage Problems, to ensure that these are diagnosed, logged and escalated to appropriate and consistent quality standards; co-ordinate Service Desk, IT staff and Customers to ensure accurate and appropriate communications during Problems.
- Recording, managing, and advancing the problem by escalating to an elevated level of expertise, if appropriate, by integrating with change management, incident management, and configuration management.
- Drive Proactive Problem Management based on Alert trends, CIs affected by the Incidents etc.
- Track the Root cause analysis timelines for all Problem tickets and highlight the ones on the verge of breaching SLA and drive them to closure
- Produce trends analysis of recurring Problems/Incidents - extract trends on Incident types, Customer types, key problem areas, depts., hardware types etc.
- Also hold regular meetings with IT support groups to review recurring Problems and press for final resolutions - or escalate; produce 'Escalation Reports' on recurring issues and issues not being resolved.
- Delivering & managing high standard communications across Customers and IT to ensure that Problems are dealt with by priority and customer needs, providing regular communications to Customers across the organization; provide a practical representation of the Customer view within IT and the Service Centre; attend Customer meetings, review SLA performance
- Responsible for proposing & implementing any CSIs related to Problem management.
- Ability to work across functional areas to drive continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable customer management / service skills
- Complete understanding of the ITIL Problem management process and procedures
- Strong individual with the ability to communicate and negotiate at all levels.