At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is made up of three modern buildings located at the heart of SOMA in San Francisco. Monday-Friday you can feast your eyes on amazing views of the skyline, then feast yourself on some of the city’s best food trucks, lunch spots and coffee shops. When you’ve had your fill, lace up and make your way to the Ferry Building for the perfect post-work run or walk along the water (with the Bay Bridge as your backdrop)!
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
The IT Wireless and Network Engineer role is to develop, secure, and maintain Fitbit’s global networkinfrastructure, VPN, and wireless infrastructure to support our demanding and rapidly expanding business by ensuring the security, integrity and high-availability of the network and Providing a stable and reliable networkinfrastructure to support our operations, wireless enabled business processes, and our highly mobile team members.
The IT Wireless and Network Engineer will monitor Information Technology trends, security alerts, advisories, concepts, best practice guidelines and principals to maintain and enhance our network and operational efficiencies, and reduce risks. The IT Wireless Engineer will manage the deployment of new and replacement networkinfrastructure implementations for facilities across the Fitbit global business, managing equipment & installation vendors, project budgets, and central and local resources where appropriate
What You’ll Work On:
- Ensure the high-availability, security, and responsiveness of the networkinfrastructure for a rapidly growing and evolving multinational company.
- Monitor and test system performance and ensure that business application performance meets agreed upon service levels, propose necessary changes, modifications, and system improvements.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of system upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Recommend, evaluate, and execute modifications to system environments in order to improve efficiency, security, reliability, availability, and performance.
- Work closely with other I.T. Infrastructure, Business Applications Support, business functions, and management to establish and ensure enterprise level infrastructure support and service level agreements are met.
- Other duties as required.
- Four years’ equivalent work experience in a position responsible for managing enterprise networkinfrastructure for a large scale, multisite, or multinational corporation.
- Exceptional knowledge of wide-area-networktechnologies, VPN, routing, switching, and security.
- Extensive design, implementation, and operational experience with Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers, wireless access points, and management platforms.
- Exceptional experience with enterprise network, wireless, and system monitoring, troubleshooting, and management tools.
Education / Certifications
- S degree in computer science, information technology, a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCIE (Wireless &/or Routing & Switching)
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities and adjust based on business demands and changes.
- Strong understanding the needs of business and the ability to apply the appropriate technology and process to solve the business requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills; good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to understand and explain complex topics to both technical and non-technical persons.
- Highly motivated and self-directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- On-call availability 24X7
- Regular evening and weekend work
- Travel approximately 10-25%
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
- Expert level understanding of wireless signal propagation, antenna design principals, large site implementation, 802.11ac technologies, wireless RF site surveys and predicative modeling.
- Experience with server and application performance tuning and monitoring tools.
- Advanced large site wiring design, switching, VLANs, routing, and security.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure implementation, management, and monitoring.
- Hands on experience with data center infrastructures, such as fabric switching, routing, compute, and storage area networks.
Education / Certifications:
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, CCSP, CCDP, CCIE (Wireless &/or Security)
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.